I was tasked to create a water based enemy for an existing game universe, this was my concept of a crab like creature covered in a hard blue marble shell.
Thursday, 12 April 2012
Recently I went back to my Mayan warrior model project, I repainted the intial sketch I drew just to get a clearer idea of the colour scheme and visual style I wanted the model to portray. I've now got the model rigged so its just the texture map to paint up so I can call it finished, might revisit the Eldar or Brute style characters for another 3d project to keep me busy when I get the time.
Wednesday, 21 March 2012
Just an update of a low poly character that I'm creating using a Unity skeleton, trying to experiment with as many different elements of Maya that I can with this character to familiarise myself with new methods of modelling. I will upload the coloured concept of the character when I've finished tweaking the complete armour design.
These helmet concepts have evolved from some line sketches I did when I was creating different designs for my Rogue futuristic armour set that are posted on this blog from mid 2010, just thought I'd experiment with a different brush that I customised as it gave a nice effect when painting semi metallic surfaces.